Friday, May 8, 2015

brothers.

On (inter) NATIONAL scrapbook day (May 2), I was all ready to create!  Desk was clean things were put away, I had TIME and NO MOJO!  Ugh!  I hate that when that happens!!  

I woke up at 6am, I did some things around the house (laundry, dishes), NOTHING, I decided to go for a run (I should actually say a jog or maybe race walking but not even that...)--came back showered and NOTHING!  I looked at challenges, blogs, and BEAUTIFUL creations...I decided to take a nap!  I got up from my nap and pushed some papers around.  I then decided to load some past layouts up on Scrapbook.com, and lo and behold miracle of miracles!  Inspiration hit!  

I was watching a class taught by the talented ms. Rebecca Keppel on how to use gelatos...I have some  gelatos and haven't used them for a while.  I was inspired and actually used 3 techniques she described in her videos.  Here is my layout and closeups of 3 different ways I used my gelatos:
closeup of heat embossing resist:
 closeup of gelatos altering chipboard:
 closeup of gelatos as a watercolor:
 I had a GREAT time, and I actually created something I like!  BONUS!!!
Thanks for the visit today--hope yours is a FANTASTIC day!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! LOVING the colors and that star!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Love when you make something you like! These techniques rock and so does the LO!