Sunday, January 4, 2015

pinterest food find. cream cheese wontons.

I don't know why I am consistently trying to make things WAY harder in my head than they really are!  I really like cream cheese wontons--I don't eat them all that often but I think they are yummy!  The other day we were in Walmart--they have wonton wrappers in their fruit/veggie section, I grabbed some without a recipe, then I looked up this beauty on Pinterest:

credit goes to: Recipe Bloom

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 pkg. won-ton wrappers
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder or herbs
  • 14 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup green onions
  • 2-3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
  • water
  • pepper
  • canola oil for frying
**I would add 1/4 tsp. salt**
  • DIRECTIONS
  1. Pour canola oil into frying pan, about 1 inch deep. Preheat oil to 325 degrees.
  2. Combine cream cheese, green onions, crab meat, garlic powder and a dash of pepper in a bowl.
  3. Place 1 tsp of the filling from step 2, and place it in the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with water, then the corners of the wonton wrapper together, completely covering the filling.
  4. Carefully place the wontons in the pan (they are delicate!) and cook for 30 seconds on 1 minute, until they are golden brown.
  5. Place cooked wontons on paper towel to drain.

1 comment: