Tuesday, October 28, 2014

brother moment.

About a year ago December I took this picture of my dad and his brothers when they were in town.  It was a normal eat at Carl's Jr. (which my dad does OFTEN!) Anyway, I was excited because these are two of my FAVORITE uncles!  We visited caught up and enjoyed each others company.  Fast forward to March of this year.  My Uncle sitting in the middle passed away suddenly (I wrote a little about it HERE).
As I sat and thought about my uncle I was SO grateful for the positive sweet moments shared with him.  Remembering funny stories like the one my mom always tells of him changing me.  He was babysitting me while my parents were out, he was so worried to get the diaper to tight on my little body he didn't get it tight enough!  Yep, I guess I pulled that sucker off and made a WONDERFUL mess, he was HORRIFIED of course--poor guy! ;)   While I know he is gone from this earth I know that I will see him again and for that I am eternally grateful!  In my pondering I remembered I had taken this photo and I quickly texted it to my family.  I know the lighting isn't perfect or the fact that the soda fountain is framing the pic--it's PERFECT because of the people in it and the memories that we shared.
Remember that Scrapbooking isn't just about making pretty pages (which is fun), it's about preserving memories.
Thanks SO much for visiting today--hope your day is FANTASTIC!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee this!!!! LOVING the colors and the arrows!!!

Ashley Horton said...

So sorry for the loss of your uncle, Diana! But how awesome that you had this photo and you used it on an awesome layout! Really love the look of the big chevron!!