Friday, August 1, 2014

Scrapbook Circle Blog Hop and PageMaps!

Welcome to our Scrapbook Circle Blog Hop! Scrapbook Circle has a new creative team, as well as a fabulous August kit, and we'd like to introduce you to both. You could win one of five August kits by commenting as you hop from blog to blog, meeting faces new and old to Scrapbook Circle.  

Okay, if you have just left Mona's blog, you are in the right place. If not, I hope you'll join us for the entire hop by starting at the Scrapbook Circle blog.

let me start off by introducing myself, my name is Diana Waite.  I have been blessed to be with Scrapbook Circle for close to 7 years, crazy how time flies!  I started out as an altered project design team member and worked myself into my currently role as a design team member who works with regular monthly kits.  I obviously LOVE it!  
I LOVE anything to do with Wonder Woman, my prized WW possession? A bobble head my dad bought me--she sits on my sewing machine and bobbles while I sew--makes me giggle! ;)
I'm a wife to my best friend of over 17 years and have three very active kids!  I spend A LOT of time at the soccer & Lacrosse fields, and track with my camera in tow--I LOVE it and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I'm SO excited for you to come visit me on the Scrapbook Circle blog hop--welcome!  I was asked to work with this AWESOME PageMaps sketch:
This is how I was inspired using the Scrapbook Circle August kit, Island Paradise :
I wanted to spice up the background a bit so I cut the matted creme color paper just smaller than the 8 1/2 x 11 size.  Then I cut that piece into 4 different pieces and sewed them down and painted on them with watercolor paint and dropped mist on the background.  

For my sun I painted with yellow, orange and gold mist--it's quite sunny.  This particular cut is a Scrapbook Circle Exclusive and can be found in the shop HERE.
  (I used the negative piece of the cut covering up the work summer that was partially cut into it)

So if you haven't started hopping at the beginning of the hop here is the COMPLETE list to start from the beginning.  REMEMBER that the winners will be chosen RANDOMLY from among the comments left on ALL the blogs:

Sara 
Mona 
Diana W--this is me!
Lisa 

Hop ends Monday, August 4th at 9:00 p.m. Pacific--GOOD luck and thanks for hopping!

39 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the colors and the rays!!!

Tracey said...

This is just fantastic Diana!! I am loving this!!

Unknown said...

The background is very cool! Love all of the cutting, misting and sewing!

Tessa Buys said...

I LOVE how you used the stamp! Great page!

Patricia said...

Loving the interpretation of the sketch! Fun layout!

Unknown said...

Oh my GOSH!Love the stitching, the watercoloring, the sun peeking out...so much inspiration on one page!

Vicki said...

What a fun layout!

Rebecca K. said...

beautiful! i love the sun

wendipooh13 said...

such a cool page and love the added stitching and watercolors!!!

Nicole Wess said...

I love how you broke up the cream piece of paper! And the little sun you made. It is so summer fun!

Jenni Calma said...

Awesome! Love the way you cut up the paper and painted it, clever girl!! Your blog totally makes me smile too, whenever I see Wonder Woman! :)

Jen D. said...

Great use of space and I would never have thought to cut the paper apart and stitch like you did. Just fabulous!

Karenladd said...

What a creative use of the twine! A beautiful, energetic layout!!

Keathe said...

Love the bright colors, and especially your sun!

Ardyce Seabrook said...

Gorgeous layout! Soft and Pretty! Great take on the sketch!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a fun take on the sketch, Diana!!

Heather Doolittle said...

Awesome sketch and page! I'm saving it for later! :) Love the title on your page and the awesome watercoloring on the background! I wanna go scrap now! For real! :)

Kim said...

Lovin lovin the sun !

Gina Lideros said...

I love the blue watercolor effect, so pretty!

Dawn said...

Love the sun.

Unknown said...

Another fan of the sun ray!

Jimjams said...

Love that sun-ray - cool page for a hot day!

Anonymous said...

Your page is stunning. Makes me want to go swimming. :)

Julene Matthews said...

The sunray is a great item on this cool page.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Clever sunburst! Looking forward to following your blog :~)

Unknown said...

Fun layout! :) I love the ray of sunshine. :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! I love the grid, the stitching, the sun and the watercoloring!

Margie said...

Beautiful page! I love the watercolor/splattering!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Fabulous page! I love how you cut apart and matted the paper as well as the sunrays. Really great work!!!

Phillis Walrath said...

WOW, I love how you cut and sewed and painted the background of your LO!!

Ladyofthelake318 said...

Love how you did your background and all the paint and misting! Beautiful layout.

Kim A. said...

Such a cute layout and love the photo...the dog is part of the family like at my house! :)

Jennifer Larson said...

This is awesome--I love that sun!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the blue in the background!

Giorgia Rossini said...

I love the cutted sun

Fiona Lally said...

Love your take on the sketch. It looks fantastic. Welcome back to another year. Your layouts always inspire me.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

scrappy wonder woman! you did a great job! i love the sunshine!!

Cynthia Baldwin said...

So, I'm wondering what you think about the new Wonder Woman images that have come out...not your traditional red/blue/gold - very fierce. ;)
Anyway - to your page: LOVE the sun cut! And this is just the perfect summer photo. Awesome take on the sketch - TFS on this hop!

Helen Gullett said...

You are very creative!!! Love the mix color on your layout :)