Tuesday, April 1, 2014

hello. April fools...

April fools day, has always been a curiosity to me..I like a good HARMLESS prank that doesn't hurt peoples feelings.  Like jumping out and scaring people...(I don't like it done to me but it sure is fun to scare people.  I know I am a bit of an enigma but hey--who isn't?!)  I get a little irritated when they are lies...I DO NOT like lying...Once I tried to play a prank on my mom--it was not nice..I got about 3 sentences into it (I was talking to her over the phone) and I just couldn't do it...I felt bad...Anyway, I wanted to share with you a card I made for my blog post a few weeks back on the American Crafts blog it was featuring the DIY line.  guess I'm pretty original with card greetings? ;)
Supplies: 6x6 Paper Pad (366983) DIY Shop, Ali Mistable White (53372) - Thicker, Large Pattern Brayer Set (366607) - DIY Shop, 2" Banner Punch (63117) - Punches, Sequins (36609) - DIY Shop, Wood Venner Butterflies (366618) - DIY Shop, Kraft Scallop 

There were a lot of supplies that went in to this fun card, embossing powder, brayer, mist, sequins, veneer, wash tape, punches, banners, sewing and paper--with that all being said can you pick them out?  (like the where is waldo game!)

For this card,  I REALLY wanted to use the polka dot brayer to give a subtle background. I stamped with clear pigment ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder to make the kraft banner shine!  One other fun touch was that I covered the veneer butterflies with the gold patterned washi tape.  After I ripped the washi tape into small pieces I placed the washi over the butterflies, making sure it was adhered well.  After adhering I flipped it over and cut with a craft knife around the edges.

Thanks bunches for the visit today--hope your April fool's day is full of FUN!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!!! LOVING the layered banner!!!!

Ashley Horton said...

This is beautiful, Diana!! I love the embossing using the brayer, and the mix of neutral colors!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

It is one of my fave collections. So awesome! And I love hello. Looks original to me!

Jingle said...

Oh, I LOVE this! The gold is awesome!

Kim said...

seriously love the tone on tone here!

Unknown said...

Cool polka background. I like the "hello." Perfect for many occasions!