Saturday, January 2, 2010

Love Notes

I have to preface this, this idea is not new BUT my 7 year old wanted something at home that we could share some notes to each other during the month of February. I bought this mail box (it's sort of like chipboard covered in white)--And I can't remember who the manufacturer is!--at my local scrapbook store on the clearance table. Anyway, this came together quick and easy, under and hour.
I just measured the width which happened to be 6", wrapped my paper around measured then cut it. For the front I just laid it face down and traced, the same with the flag. The edge I measured with my ruler and wrapped it measured and cut. I distressed the edges. The letters I sanded and distressed and topped with stickles.
I was in Target and FINALLY got my hands on some of those $1 mini mailboxes--per my DS request--we are going to be covering these for the teachers and doing little Valentine tags. Should be fun, and I want to involve the kids more with that so we will most likely be using the cricut to cut. They pick the shapes and love to push the buttons.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a GREAT Saturday!!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Diana, it looks amazing! You should link to this project on the forum for others to see!

I wish we had a target over here, I've been seeing those mini mailboxes everywhere and I'd love to craft with them!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

that is GORGEOUS, i love it!!! i really want a mini mailbox now

Jamie Harder said...

This is FANTASTIC!! I wish I could find a mailbox - your project is so inspiring!! And cute idea about the love notes:-)

CalleLillyCafe said...

Super cute! I like this idea! Now to just find me a mail box!

Bobbi said...

Love, love the mailbox..I just have to find out where to buy one to try to create one. I live over an hour away fromeverything...
Sigh.