Tuesday, July 15, 2014
I was challenged with the mood board :
*all supplies came from the Our Adventure kit by Scrapbook Circle*
I was inspired & love about this page:
* by the blocked colors of cars, wanted the same block for my background.
*loved the sprinkle mist, I used orange, green, vanilla, and red to mimic the look.
*the pictures--seriously cheese face!
*love the hints of green.
*I had room for journaling--yay me!
well, I've gotta run for now--thanks SO much for the visit!!
Friday, July 11, 2014
I think we take card stock for granted, I mean it has such a way of ALWAYS being there that sometimes maybe we get bored with it. I wanted the card stock to stand out on this layout so I ran it through my silhouette and placed it on top of another piece:
*all supplies are from the Our Adventure kit from Scrapbook Circle*my favorites of this page are:
*I got to stop at the Santa Barbara police department--it's a huge place where a lot of action happens in the show Psych. (they shoot in Canada actually but it was STILL cool to be where they shot the original outside shots!)
*I was with my brother's on a road trip--they indulged my madness, they took pictures too!
*pops of flowers--I LOVE flowers (flowers and stars--my FAVS!)
*the transparency sheet adds so much but is still very subtle.
*I used twine on a page--must be some sort of miracle--and I like it!
*I scrapped a page about me--look there I am! ;)
Thanks for the visit today!!
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
*all supplies come from this month's Our Adventure kit by Scrapbook Circle*
1. LOVE this special picture I took a few years ago of my youngest chilling with his daddy on the couch--melts my heart. This happens with all my kids...
2. quality time=love.
3. this layout was under 15 minutes to make--saw it in my head landed on the layout!
4. sprinkles and gesso.
5. the wood textured paper is AWESOME!
short post today--but thanks for the visit!
Monday, July 7, 2014
yes, you read that right..in a short few months this girl will be legally driving--where did my little girl go? This month's challenge on the Scrapbook Circle blog is Nice Ride, this is my take on the challenge:
*all supplies are found in this month's kit Our Adventure by Scrapbook Circle*
1. I loved the numbered paper--reminded me of the eye test they make you take at the DMV.
2. all of the little embellishments just made me smile--especially the sticker that says "and so it begins."
3. loved that my hubby went with the girl and took and texted me this picture.
4. love that she is just SO pleased with herself because she passed the test the first time!
5. was able to use her favorite colors on a layout about her.
Thanks SO much for the visit today and for letting me share some more creativity with you! ;)
Saturday, July 5, 2014
my girl went to girl's camp in San Diego this year--it was a BLAST! I created a little mini album to put all of her pictures that they (I say they because she is not really a photographer) took:
this particular of turquoise is her favorite--she really liked it when I showed it to her--now to get the pictures inside! ;) I plan on printing them at a 3 x 4 size with an occasional 4 x 6 size hear and there..
here are some things that I learned on this experimental book:
1. I used the card stock measured at 1 1/2" x 7 to help reinforce the spine so that the paper doesn't tear.
2. I wrapped a 3" piece around the front and back to hold the covers together.
3. sometimes a little bit goes a long way--embellishments, I wanted to go crazy but I held off remembering that she was going to be putting pictures and possible journaling in here--I had to make room!
4. This whole book was made of scraps from other projects--I LOVE the Plus One line, I save all my scraps!
That's it for today--thanks SO much for the visit!!
Thursday, July 3, 2014
I wanted to share with you one of my layouts in the American Crafts gallery for this month:
my favorite parts of this layout:
1. the background--not bragging but I made it! Stars. (of course!)
2. pictures-yes I shared the colored one on another layout the other day...remember I have three kids I love creating 3 pages with the same pictures--yes, I am crazy...
3. pop of yellow.
4. the sparkly lettering.
5. I used a fun swag banner with the gem dots.
6. I used the Polka Dot party line to make this--it's mostly flowery and girly but I was able to create something else with it! ;)
Thanks for the visit today!
Tuesday, July 1, 2014
I realized I never shared this gem of a layout last year:
1. have I mentioned stars? LOVE that I could use this sweet background on a layout.
2. love the touch of hearts.
3. the picture--these stinkers were NOT cooperating, I got at least ONE shot!
4. I love red, white, and blue together.
5. I altered the letters from pink to blue.
6. I really like the touch of photo corners.
7. there was space for journaling, sometimes I forget in my designing to make room for the journaling!
8. the little flags--genius that the make these cute little pins!
Thanks for the visit today and letting me share another favorite layout with you!
Sunday, June 29, 2014
my layout based on the above sketch:
1. I painted the background with a pearl colored mist--it actually matches my daughters blouse in the picture.
2. the title I heat embossed with clear--it gives it some dimension.
3. The heart over the # sign in the bottom right hand corner is also heat embossed.
4. I also sewed on some vellum--it's clear and hard to see but like I said in person it's fabulous.
5. I just have so many favorite parts of this layout, but the layered flowers in the corner are a mix of card stock and clear acrylic.
6. This is the picture that I took of the first day of school this past year, the journaling are all the unexpected things that happened this year--it was a year review of sorts....
I'm off and running today--thanks SO much for the visit!!
Friday, June 27, 2014
This is one of my "FAVORITES" now for several reasons.
supplies come from the Hello kit from Scrapbook Circle.1. The picture. (love his concentration and height of the jump, but also the view of his competitors in the background)
2. the vellum stars.
3. the title--really like how that came together.
4. the pop of green.
5. I saw this in my brain and it came out the way I saw it there.
6. stars, I just love those.
Thanks for the visit! ;)